Wednesday, December 20, 2006

how not to do secret santa

i hope this doesn't offend mike...

my team at work decided to do secret santa, emphasis on secret. the object was to give someone a gift WITHOUT being detected. apparently mike drew my name out of the santa hat. he went through great lengths to hide his identity. he posted clues in public places leading me to the gift (which was in the mail room) so as not to get caught putting it in my office. smart. but he gave me something that he and i actually bought together at an after christmas sale last year. not smart if you're trying to be secretive. nice try, santa boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what did you get? Inquiring minds want to know!

lauren said...

can't say in case it's re-gifted. i think i'll give it back to mike since i don't need it and it is a nice gift, so maybe one of you will get it instead :)

Anonymous said...

Boo... Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas!