Wednesday, February 21, 2007

another one bites the dust

several weeks ago i was due for a haircut. as i sat in my chair at the salon, hair wet, my stylist looked at me in the mirror and said, "last time i cut your hair, wasn't your boyfriend coming in from vermont for your birthday? how'd that go?" i laughed (because i can laugh about it now) and said, "oh, he came back... and broke up with me." then my own words started to sink in to my brain and a panic swept over me as inches of hair fell to the floor. i thought to myself, 'bob has been out of town for a month. he's coming back this weekend. i'm getting my hair cut. crap. what if this means we'll break up?' i called my ex on the way home, told him what the stylist had said and my resulting panic... he laughed and said, "you are a riot." i gave a nervous laugh and said, "i know..."

and now i'm single. i did get a good haircut, though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't be the first to say this, nor the last, but young Bob is a royal idiot. You don't just let a girl like Lauren go like that, you muppet! One day, when you're old and retrospective, you will think back and hit yourself over the head with your walking stick for your inexplainably retarded actions vis a vis Lauren, who is quite possibly the sweetest, sexiest and friendliest person you will ever come across.

lauren said...

muppet? what's that british speak for?

Mikaal said...

The anonymous comment has to be one of the funnier ones I have read in quite some time. Funny and very true too, which is a rare combo!

Susan said...

Hmm... pondering the identity of Anonymous....oh Bob...what have you done?

Bess Jankowski said...

It's important to cut your hair between boys -- trust me on that one. You did the right thing, Veronica. And it looks fabulous!