Thursday, March 01, 2007

i think this is funny

i just got a paper back monday, and these were the comments.
This is a nice piece of writing--clear, provocative, attentive to text, well-reasoned, and obviously with a point to make. I believe I disagree with your argument, but you do make a strong case... I want to stress that any substantive disagreement I have with your argument does not at all prevent me from recognizing and admiring its quality as an essay. Good work. My only concern is that it's too short... but since I approved this topic, I'm at fault, I suppose; I didn't think one could treat the topic so well in such a short paper. Obviously, I was wrong.
does anyone else think that's funny? i also think it's cool a tutor can disagree with you and respect you at once. yay st. john's.

No comments: